Unexpected bonus!

speed food, steak vegetables

I weigh in on a Tuesday evening at 5pm, and I spent all weekend thinking I hadn't done well at all.  I stepped up the speed on Saturday, after a supermarket shop after work, and was really strict with myself Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  I set myself a target of 4.5lbs this week, which would bring my 2.5 stone award, but I went into the meeting resigned to not getting that, but vaguely confident I would do a pound or two.  I had to double check the readout on the scales when it said I lost 5lbs! 
5lbs weight loss, slimming world

I've been talking for a few weeks now about being unfocused, about me not doing anything bad, but feeling like I wasn't truly living up to the Slimming World mantra of 'food optimising'.  I rarely get anywhere near my total allowed syns for the day, but still feel like I could do better.  The main problem for me is that I'm inherently lazy.  That's how I got fat in the first place, I'd always rather have a sandwich than make a proper meal.  The main problem at the moment is that I'm working a lot, and because I don't work regular hours, getting organised is a pain for me.  I end up relying on Mugshots, cereal bars, fruit and Coke Zero. So, like I said, nothing too bad, just not the most optimised. I've just taken on some extra work through my job, which mean I will be travelling to schools near Sunderland and Stockton about once a week. I can't see this helping...
mugshot, muller light, salad

But anyway, my 5lbs loss means I reached my 2.5 stone award, and I was Slimmer Of The Week again.  I'm conflicted over the Slimmer Of The Week award. On the one hand, it is nice to receive recognition for a good week, on the other hand sometimes I feel like there are more deserving candidates for it.  I'm still at a point where if I stick to plan, I should be losing a reasonable amount every week, where there are people at the group who could use a boost from the award, who have maybe struggled for a while.  
slimmer of the week, slimming world, stickers


Either way, I'm halfway to my personal (unofficial) target of 5 stone by Christmas. I'm bang on track, just need to keep on keeping on! 

You can follow my progress on my twitter here or my instagram here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting out...

Reboot - Slimming World Fail!

Back in the Slimming World game...