Couple Of The Year? Proud husband!

This weeks post isn't really about me, and my 'journey'.  So this week I hit 95lbs total loss, which I'm pretty proud of, not at the goal yet, but pretty solidly on the way.  This week I want to talk about my wife, and the battle/journey she has undertaken.  Around the same time as I joined Slimming World, my lovely wife Caroline was diagnosed with PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  She will hate me talking about her here, but it is a big part of our lives, and I wanted to acknowledge it.  For the layman, PCOS affects the way your body processes insulin, how it burns fat and how it produces eggs.  I'm obviously not an expert but that is a very simplified version of it. It means that it is harder for her to lose weight, but much easier for her to put it on.

couple of the year slimming world


So, this week I was ruddy delighted to be crowned as Couple Of The Year at my Slimming World group.  I may have lost 95lbs but Caroline has fought her way to 36lbs lost in the same time period. I'm really proud of her, especially as it looks easy for me, when the reality is I started a hell of a lot heavier than she did, I'm told men lose weight easier and she has her PCOS to deal with.  She's worked so hard, going to the gym sometimes five nights a week, working her way round the complexities of a low GI diet (which we are told is best for her) and the Slimming World plan.

slimming world facetoface


This is her after her first 10k run in August, around the same time this whole Slimming World thing began, and then on the right was this week. She looks brilliant and has done brilliant, I'm super proud of her. So, while I'm very proud of her, and she is dead chuffed to have a sash to wear to the gym, I want to thank her, without her I might well have binned this off and stayed fat. I'm nearly seven stone down, and of course that is down to me following the plan, I can't do it alone.  In the past I have not been brilliant at supporting her with her weightloss aims, I'm lazy and hadn't committed to my own weightloss.  I can't fault her, she jumped in with both feet and now look at her! 

slimming world couple


I hate the whole process of getting awards and things, I know it motivates many people on their weightloss journey, getting stickers, and certificates and things, but I just get embarrassed, I'm not doing this to win awards, I'm doing it for my health.  I know some people in my group call me their inspiration, which is awkward, but I suppose in many ways it is a compliment. If I can help, then I will. 

If you'd like to follow my social medias and get a flavour of the real me, my  dedicated twitter is here and on instagram here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reboot - Slimming World Fail!

Still on it...

Back in the Slimming World game...