Slimming World VS Work

Well, I seem to have foolishly to agreed to double my workload in my day job.  This is mostly fine, I'm good at my job, and I mostly enjoy it so once I get my head round the ins and outs, hopefully life will settle down a bit!
train Middlesbrough Sunderland
My week.

Over the last couple of weeks I seem to have never been at home, and have only seen my wife while she was asleep, and vice versa.  I've had to cover shifts for my staff, plus taking on the admin for two other schools, not to mention going to visit the schools, one of them near Middlesbrough and one of them near Sunderland. Yup, super practical! It has not helped my food life...



I started last week badly, with a KFC. I enjoyed it, I earned it, I don't regret it.  The rest of the week however, sort of collapsed around me. Another week where I wasn't particularly bad, KFC aside, but because of the way that it unravelled means I couldn't make the best choices, couldn't optimise as well as I wanted. We went to the Theatre to see Sara Pascoe's Pride & Prejudice, but because I had to be at work until an hour before it started I basically had to grab a supermarket sandwich on the way there, not ideal. Same again on Thursday, I run comedy gigs and I had to grab a sandwich on the way to the venue, again, not ideal!
Pride & Prejudice
Lauren Pattison Lady Muck comedy
Lauren Pattison headlining our gig.

Then of course, came the wedding I had forgotten I was going to! We didn't get prewarning of what the food would be (despite asking) so we could plan for it, or so that we could work around the foods Caroline is not supposed to eat (dairy, wheat, soy) so we kind of had to take what we were given. The wedding was 1940's themed and so was the menu.  The food was delicious, but hugely calorific! I tried to counteract it by only drinking water, but it kind of is what it is!


I did do a sneaky weigh in at Boots on Monday, I know it is frowned upon, and not particularly helpful, but I wanted to be prepared mentally for what should be my first gain since starting Slimming World.  The Boots scale showed me as having gained 2lbs, so I was pretty deflated. I stayed as speedy as possible for the rest of Monday and into Tuesday but realistically, did not expect to drop any of those 2lbs.  When I arrived at my meeting, late, I was one of the last to weigh in, and fully expected to be there or thereabouts for the 2lbs gain.  Stepped on the scale, 1lb off. I believe my response was 'I'll take that!'.  Pretty impressed, but I must not allow the complacency to set in. 

slimming world christmas
My Christmas target...

We set our Christmas targets this week, and I have jumped in with both feet. I've lost 36lbs so far, which is 2st 8lbs, and my new target for Christmas is a 5 stone overall loss by Christmas.  Wish me luck...

If you want to follow my journey on instagram you can do it here or on twitter here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting out...

Reboot - Slimming World Fail!

Week 4 - Slimmer Of The Week