Week 5 - Losing focus

During week 5 I lost my focus a bit. It's not that I did badly, I still lost 2lb! It is more that I didn't pay close attention to the details.  I was looking at my food and working out the syns, but I don't think I made good food choices, it was more 'I'll have a cereal bar, that's only a few syns' rather than making food which is actually good for me. Also, pretty sure I didn't eat enough speed or drink enough water.
I was a bit disappointed to only lose 2lbs, but a loss is a loss so I can't complain too much, but I was enjoying losing 4-6lbs a week, that felt like I had achieved something.  I know, I know, I'm doing well, it just hasn't felt like it. Not sure why!
My lovely wife is away at the moment, and I'm working random hours, so my focus has been a bit all over the place. I targeted myself a 4lb loss this week, and my weigh in is on Tuesday, so we will see how it goes.



In other news, I got all proactive this week.  I got home from work the other night and while dinner was cooking, I discovered the cottage cheese in the fridge was about to expire, so I made little Slimming World friendly quiches.  Dead easy, cottage cheese, eggs, ham, onion, mushrooms, green peppers, all mixed together, whack it into a baking tray, oven for 25 minutes or so at about 180.  They were delicious, but next time I would cook the peppers first.  Oh, I totally sprinkled cheese on top! The second batch were a little more...explosive!



I also went on a spree of cooking. Well, sort of. I made the PinchOfNom Corned Beef Pasty and both of us loved them. So much so that I made them again later in the week, we both have busy lives and that is actually an easy way to have a relatively healthy lunch on the go. I tried something a bit different with my baking too, I made a sausage, bean and cheese pasty in the same method, using hotdog sausages (1/2 syn each), low fat cheese and a scoop of beans. Yum.


I also did my first Slimming World shop at Iceland, mostly as an excuse to try the burgers.  I picked up burgers, sausages (although I'm told they are rubbish) and a couple of frozen soups.  Turns out, the burgers are not bad, especially in a roll with lettuce, cheese and ketchup and the sausages are a bit dry but will work nicely in a pasta or a stew.  I'd buy them again I think!


Anyway, we will see how I do...if you would like, you can follow me on twitter @FOShapingUp or on instagram @fixatedonstuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting out...

Reboot - Slimming World Fail!

Back in the Slimming World game...