Week 3 - 1st stone!

So, I'm on week three of my Slimming World 'journey' and it's going pretty well, I've lost 14.5lbs so far. Pretty happy with that, especially with all the stuff we have going on at the moment.
My lovely wife was last week diagnosed with PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome) by the consultant we saw.  We have been trying to have a baby for a few years now unsuccessfully, so in many ways this diagnosis is a slight relief; at least now we know what is going on, and a great friend of mine who suffers from PCOS has just delivered her healthy baby, so that is reassuring.  What it does mean however is that in order to increase the chances of conception, Caroline has to make some dietary changes cutting out wheat, dairy, soy and a few other things.  As we have literally been following the Slimming World plan for only two weeks, this has meant big changes again, not to mention some emotional turmoil!

Given the upheaval I'm quite pleased that I mostly managed to stay on plan, although I must confess, I did sort of guess at a couple of things here and there.  I lost four pounds this week so I can't complain too much.   I sort of switched off my plan a little, and just made the best of it, one of the side effects of PCOS and irregular periods is some quite severe mood swings for the wife, which I have experienced a few times this week so to be where I'm at at this stage, can't complain.
Also had a pretty rough week at work, building towards a much needed week off, so mentally I have been a bit all over the place, I could feel myself shutting down by Friday so to have a few days off has been brilliant, even if I never properly switch off from work!


I must say, I was always hesitant about attending a Slimming World or a Weight Watchers because I didn't want to be surrounded by a room full of Marjorie Dawes types, but so far the majority of the group have been super friendly and supportive. There has only been another man in the room once so far, but I feel welcome and I genuinely like a lot of them, they seem nice. So that's good.

Onto week four we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reboot - Slimming World Fail!

Back in the Slimming World game...

Starting out...